Notice on Adjusting Visa for China Application Requirements (Updated on 25 August, 2022)
2022-08-26 10:39

To orderly resume personnel exchanges between China and Fiji, based on spirit of“Announcement on the Temporary Suspension of Entry by Foreign Nationals Holding Valid Chinese Visas or Residence Permits” (March 26th,2020) and “Announcement on Entry by Foreign Nationals Holding Valid Chinese Residence Permits of Three Categories” (September 23rd, 2020) issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The People’s Republic of China and National Immigration Administration of The People’s Republic of China, and in accordance with the relevant arrangement recently, the Embassy of China in Fiji has made adjustments on visa application requirements for business, work, study and family visits to China.The updated application procedures and material requirements are as follows.

I. Preparing application materials.

* Original passport

* Certificate of lawful stay or residence permit in Fiji (for citizens of other countries who are in Fiji)

*Original Chinese passport (for those who had Chinese nationality before and apply for visa for China for the first time)

* Certificate of COVID-19 vaccination

*Materials for different visas are as follows: 



Requited Documents



Issued to those who intend to go to China for commercial and technology activities.

Invitation letter issued by a trade partner in China, or trade fair invitation or other invitation letters issued by relevant entity or individual.


Issued to those who intend to work in China.

Effective “Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit” or the original valid“Foreigner's Work Permit”.

Issued to international students who go to China for long-term academic education.

① For freshmen admitted in 2022, the original "Visa Application Form for Study in China" (JW201 or JW202) and the original admission notices of the school are required.

② For students admitted in 2020 or 2021, the original "Visa Application Form for Study in China" (JW201 or JW202), the original admission notices of the school and the Back-to-School approval letters issued by the school are required.

For returning students admitted before or in 2019, the Back-to-School approval letters issued by the school and the previous X1-visa or study residence permit are required.



Issued to spouse, parents, children under the age of 18, parents-in-law of the holder of a Z visa or work category residence permit.

① Original certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of immediate family members between applicants and inviting individual.

② An invitation letter from the inviting individual (a foreigner who stays or resides in China for work).

③ A  soft copy of the inviting individual's passport and residence permit.

*If an adult child and his/her spouse apply for a Family Visit (S2) visa, in addition to the above documents, they must submit the appropriate statement of circumstances as required by the consular officer.



Issued to foreign family members of Chinese citizens or foreign family members of foreigners with permanent residence status in China.

Definition of "family members": spouses, parents, parents-in-law, children, spouses of children, brothers and sisters, grandparents and grandchildren.

① Certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, household register, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and inviting individual.

② An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China.

③ Proof of the inviting individual's Chinese identity (e.g. Chinese ID card, household register), or foreigner's passport and Chinese permanent residence permit.

For diplomatic and official visas, and other categories of visa, please contact the Embassy via to find out what kind of materials you need to provide or whether they are open for application.

For emergency humanitarian situation, such as those for funerals or visits to critically ill relatives in China, please apply for Q2 visa and rush service if needed. Please submit documents as below: the identity documents of the deceased or ill relative (e.g. foreigner's passport, etc.), a death certificate or a certificate of diagnosis, critical illness notice issued by a hospital, proof of kinship, etc.

II. Sending all your materials (soft copy) to the Embassy via for qualification examination. Your email will be replied within 3 working days.

III. After receiving the email from the Embassy with approval, please fill out the visa application form online (, print out the confirmation page and form, and sign the confirmation page and item 9 of the form.

IV. Carrying all the application materials with you and come to the Embassy in person, according to the date and time given by the Embassy via email.

V. After submitting your application, the regular processing will take 4 working days or more and rush service usually takes no more than 3 working days. Please note that visa officers may request an applicant to provide additional supporting documents when needed, and in such cases, the processing time may be extended.